Founder & DirectorDr Abhijit Vaidya is Founder & Director of Smita Patil Documentary & Short Film Festival He is also the National President of Arogya Sena (Health Army), having 14000 volunteers across 7 states, treated 72,000 patients free of cost in various disasters with medicines worth Rs 72 Lac in last 20 years. Dr Vaidya is also National Office Bearer of Socialist Party (India) and is Managing Trustee of 75 years old organization Rashtra Seva Dal. Dr Vaidya is a practising Preventive Cardiologist and is involved with mass education activities for prevention of heart diseases. He also is a founder of Generic Medical Shops and an ultra modern low cost medical diagnostic centre. He is author of many books and at present editor of a magazine Purogami Jangarjana. Few of his writings are
- Shalom Israel’, a travelogue (Deshmukh & Co.1999)
- Jhapatalepan Te Jantepan – (Sadhana Publication 2009)
- Parivartanachi Janagarjana – Compilation of editorials (Sugava Publication 2010)
- Eleven Minutes, Translation of world famous book of Paulo Coelho (Scion publication 2010)
- Parivartanache Sathi Ani Sarathi Edited (writings of Bhai Vaidya) (Sugava June 2014)
- Shabdan Magache Shabd Edited (compilation of prefaces written by Bhai Vaidya) (Sugav 2015)
- Cardiology Soc of India, IMA, API, Electro Cardiology Society of India, Hypertension Society of India, Indian College of Interventional Cardiology (Professional Life Memberships)
- European Association for Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation (EACPR)
- Acute Cardiac Care Association (ESC body)
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
Associate Director“Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world” – Jean Luc Godard.
- Bharat Yatra Puraskar : Bharat Yatra Kendra , Maharashtra , for rural awakening (1992)
- Madhukar Kenche Puraskar, Maharashtra Govt. for Best Literary Prose to ‘ Shalom Israel ’ (1999 – 2000) (Returned the award publicaly in protest of communalism & fascism)
- Hridaymitra Puraskar – Lokmitra Pratishthan , Ahmednagar (Feb. 2004)
- Felicitated For Medical Social work – Chemist Association of Pune District (May 2004)
- Yuva Sena Ratna Award – Lions Club International District 323 – D2 (2005 – 2006)
- Bhoi Pratishthan , Pune For work in Maharashtra floods, (Sep.05)
- Adarsha Arogya Sena Puraskar Tapi Sahakari Patpedhi Ltd, Chopada, (2005)
- Vocational Excellence Award – Rotary club, Pune (2007)
- Parvati Punya Bhushan Puraskar – Parvati Nagarika Kriti Samiti (2008)
- Sunil Datta Puraskar – Krishnakant Kudale Foundation, Pune (2009)
- M.Joshi Samajik Karyakarta Puraskar – Samajik Kritadnyata Nidhi (Feb.2010)
- Rajarshi Shahu Gaurav Puraskar – Rajarshi Shahu Chatrapati Smarak Samiti, Kolhapur (Feb 2010)
- Lokashahir Amar Shaikh Puraskar – Kabir Kala Manch (Aug 2010)
- Sahityasamrat Annabhau Sathe Vishesh Ulekhaniya Puraskar, Natya-Chitra Academy (Aug 2013)
- Pune Hero – Selected by Pune Mirror as one of 18 heroes contributing to social cause (June 2014)
- Seva Puraskar to Arogya Sena – Gramin Tantradnyan Sanstha, Shirur (July 2014)
- Lions-Vilux Golden Achievement Award – Vijaya Laxman Kudale Found, Lions Club of Poona Kirkee (2014)
- Janeev Sanvedana Puraskar – Akhil Bharatiya Janeev Sanghatana, Pratham Janeev Sahitya Sambelan (Jan 2015)
Yogesh is a Story.Teller, who doesn’t get bogged down in procedures or theories, a socialite likely to start conversations with complete strangers while standing in line and be laughing like old friends by the time they part.
Passionate about dramas and movies, love to watch as many as possible. He loves travelling, trekking exploring places and meeting new people for it is what he calls his ‘my stress-busters!’ He says that it has always helped him un-wind, relax and return to the grind-stone with a bang!!
He has a quest for learning and acquiring knowledge about creative expression with innovative expansion and implementation of ideas, with a zeal to contribute to the organization’s vision he works with, by utilizing his skills and expertise to the fullest.
He has been associated with various film festivals and is always striving hard to bring good stories to people. He was associated with Culture Unplugged Studios for three years (February 2008-September 2011) looking after the various aspects of Online Film Festivals organized by the organization. He was also the core team member of ‘Kirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival’.
Apart from film festivals he has also worked as Associate Director & Executive Producer on various feature films and independently directed Documentaries.Creative HeadSohil’s very first memory of falling in love with motion pictures is when he saw Jurassic park as a kid in a very small theatre with his father. The power and the impact of moving images fascinated him as a child. He was told that pursing career in the field of filmmaking is a daydream for a boy growing up in the middle class family like him and it won’t be enough to make through survival. He accepted this pragmatically as his present and started to pursue career in computer science and earned master’s degree but his fascination for filmmaking couldn’t be swayed. He took the initiative to make a documentary named ‘Diaries of Unknown’ to tell the story of 15 million homeless people without any document of existence, living across India who are not even recognized as a part of population by the Indian government. This documentary screened in various national and International film festivals across India and stirred conversation amongst the audiences about this issue. He continued making short films, documentaries as well as published couple of articles about cinema while living in Pune. To push his knowledge about craft further and to learn to communicate with larger audiences he thought of applying to University of Southern California’s prestigious film school for MFA in Film Directing . After getting accepted through a rigorous and extremely competitive admission process into USC, his family encouraged him to take this big step, to go to pursue his passion. While absorbing completely different culture while living in Los Angeles he tries to bring his distinct sensibility cause of his different cultural background into his filmmaking. Cinema of Ingmar Bergman, Andrei Tarkovasky, Steven Spielberg, David Fincher, Darren Arnovasky inspires him to push his own boundaries of storytelling. He want to keep learning about the craft of filmmaking while making films which are thought provoking, visually compelling and important in terms of content, in the future.